Monday, August 29, 2016

Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo

I walked into her room when I saw my 7 year old lying down , eyes closed and tear drops rolling from her eyes. She sensed my presence and opened her eyes. I didn't need to ask anything. 

"Mumma! Winn-Dixie is lost" 

"I know!" 

"Then tell me if they will find him ever, sob! sob!"

"You will have to read that for yourself" 

She obviously didn't like my answer.  

Scene change - Day 2 - in the car. 

"Mumma! Keep looking outside that window, and you will get a surprize." 

"What is it that u want to show me?" 

"Wait and watch, You will be able to see it!"

"why don't you tell me what is it?" (loosing a little patience)

"Mumma! If you won't tell me if Winn Dixie would be found or not.... Then why should I? Wait and see it for yourself!" 

..................................

Because of Winn- Dixie - By Kate Dicamillo 

An emotional and enchanting read, this book is the first publication of the author. 
Apart from it being a Mesmerizing story it also talks about not going with the popular opinion about people. You must always make your own opinion. And that each one of us is lovable. And sometimes people make friends in a roundabout manner. And that age is just a no. And .... 

Honestly speaking , quite a many takeaways from the book. And a very beautiful and lovable real life like story. Beware, if your child is the fairy tale types then it may be a little heavy for them. You can expect a few giggles here and there as well. We would have loved a few illustrations but, I guess ,imagination played its role in the absence of it. 

We haven't seen it, but it was converted into a motion picture in 2005. 

Age Recommendation- 7+ 
No. Of Pages - 159
Publishers - Walker Books 
Published in - 2000
Author - A very adorable - Kate Dicamillo 
Who won the Newberry honor for this book and some others as well. Not that it matters to me but she is New York Times best selling author. This book has been translated into 30 languages. 
Goodreads rating - 4/5
Common sense media - 5/5
Our Rating - 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment